X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B amendment

Hi,

I work for a MNC company in India.

I got my H1B stamped in Dec 2014, I need to travel by this month end to a different client location, So the company processed LCA change for this location, which is done.

I heard an amendment is needed as well. Lawyer is saying it can be applied once I reach US. Is this true? Will I have any issues at POE?

Thank you,
    Last edited by rcd; 04-17-2015, 01:31 PM.

raghvi or gurus please help

Comment

If any one were in this situation or any idea if it is ok to travel with LCA change and no amendment, please help.

Comment

Technically speaking an amendment is not required, but off late USCIS has also been doing site visits and if they are not informed about your location change then it can lead to complications. I think you would be fine as long as amendment is filed as soon as you join back.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thank you raghvi for your response.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
            Technically speaking an amendment is not required, but off late USCIS has also been doing site visits and if they are not informed about your location change then it can lead to complications. I think you would be fine as long as amendment is filed as soon as you join back.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
            Thank you for your reply.

I'm travelling from India to US with a LCA and no H1B amendment, Do you think I can travel and apply for the amendment once I reach US? Will I have an issue at POE?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X