Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Travel to India when my H1B transfer is pending?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel to India when my H1B transfer is pending?

I've valid visa till 2017 with my previous employer and I recently moved to my new employer and my H1b transfer is still in progress. I got my receipt and yet to get my approval notice. Can I go to my home country and come back to US with just a receipt? What will happen if my visa moved to RFE or approved during my vacation time? Do I need to go for stamping if it is approved before coming back to US? Please advise!

Originally posted by arunkumar.ceg View Post
    I've valid visa till 2017 with my previous employer and I recently moved to my new employer and my H1b transfer is still in progress. I got my receipt and yet to get my approval notice. Can I go to my home country and come back to US with just a receipt? What will happen if my visa moved to RFE or approved during my vacation time? Do I need to go for stamping if it is approved before coming back to US? Please advise!
    I would suggest you do not travel with only the receipt number, as technically you are going to tell at the POE that you would be working with an employer with whom you do not already have an approved petition which could be risky and you can be asked to return back.

I would suggest you upgrade to premium so that you get the results faster and travel with the approved petition in hand. You need not go for stamping as you already have a valid visa.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X