X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to apply for CPT

Question:
    Dear ILIS teachers,

Hello! I got my graduate degree last year, also currently working at the Bank in New York City, OPT will expired at the end of the year.I want to consult you about something about CPT with below issues:

1. Are this school allows me to get a full-time job CPT? I want to keep my work, I would like to get CPT identity because my OPT will expires soon.
    2. My graduate degree in non-STEM subjects, if I registered CS graduate courses or other schools, Can I get STEM major for OPT EXTENSION? I heard we only can use OPT for one time, is it legal or not?
    3. Does the school has a government certification, is it legally? It will be affect the future of identity transformation or not.
    4. During enrolled in school, Can I get a full-time job in New York?

I hope to get your advice and recommendations, also look forward to have opportunities to work with you. THX!

Answer:
    Hello. To answer your questions:
    Yes. We offer full-time CPT from day one.
    Unfortunately you are not eligible for OPT extension for the second Master. It only applies to initial Post-completion OPT.
    It is valid and government accredited school and won't affect future immigration requests.
    Yes. Full-time CPT for two years.

I hope you find the above answers helpful. CPT is available from Day 1 so you don't have work status gap. If you would like to learn more, please let me know.
    Last edited by samlynn; 04-24-2015, 02:41 PM.

how to apply for CPT?

Hello there, I would like to consult schools, which will offer CPT program. My OPT expires in December this year, and I did not get H1B this year, I have an offer in Seattle right now and I do not know if there is any CPT program in Seattle? Usually when should I begin the preparation for application?

Thx,
    Alice

Dear Alice,

Hello, we do have CPT project that can provide you with full-time CPT in the first day of school.
    The Schools we are currently working with are located on the east coast and west coast in the United States. The starting date will vary base on your personal circumstances, we recommend that you begin to apply before your OPT expires in three months advance.
    Thank you!
    I hope you find the above answers helpful. CPT is available from Day 1 so you don't have work status gap. If you would like to learn more, please let me know.

Comment

My CPT application is rejected, What can I do now?

Question:
      Hello, I have applied for a school support CPT by myself, I have got the offer from school, but the CPT application is rejected, What can I do now? Because my OPT will be expired soon.

Answer:
      Hello, Thank you for reaching out. We always remind the student who wants to apply CPT schools that you should be aware of CPT application deadline and requirements. Before you submit CPT application, you need to check whether the offer letter and job description is relevant to the program you want to enroll. Based on your current situation, ILIS still have some CPT programs starting in May and June. You will need to prepare all documents soon.

Comment

Fail in H1B lottery, look for a backup plan?

Question:Hello, I did not get selected by H1B this year, I just heard the bad news, and the worst part is my opt will expires at the end of this month. I just want ask do I still have time to apply for CPT? In fact, I know my situation and don’t have much hope. I just wish to contact you see if miracle will be happened! ! Thank you.

Answer:Hello, Thank you for reaching out. Recently I received many similar e-mails, many students are waiting for the results with H1B selection without any back-up plan. When they get H1b results but already missed the deadline for CPT. We have been reminding all students who wants to apply for CPT programs. You should give ample time for application, because it is not just school application, once you get accepted, you also need to file CPT application and wait for approval. So early action to apply is to ensure that you will be able to successfully get CPT on first day.

Your case can still be resolved though. If your OPT deadline is at the end of May, you still have two months Grace period for you get a new school admission. Our most recent opening of CPT date is June 20 if you’d like to enroll. The only problem is after your OPT expires, your work status ends as well. You need to wait until CPT starts to get back to work. You have to tell your employer to be aware of this. No matter you how bad of you situation is, we will help you to find the best solution.

Comment

Cpt q&a

Hello, I have some full-time CPT questions that I want to ask. I am currently in a food wholesale company Chicago (with many subsidiaries, headquartered in MD). It is so bad that I didn’t get selected by H1b. I I have double major in International Business and Hospitality MGT at Ohio State university. My OPT will expire at 7/2. I would like to stay in US and get more experience here before I leave. I have a colleague enrolled CPT last year and just got H1B this year. According to information he has provided, I started to realized CPT is also a way to stay longer in US. Then I just saw your ******** and would like to consult some questions:

1. Is Full-time CPT a legitimate way to stay? What are the risks?
          2. Do you have any school in Chicago can provided full-time CPT?
          3. Can I get master degree after the program?
          4. How long can I legally stay in U.S by Full-time CPT?
          5. What is the approximate cost? And the application process?

Sorry I have so many questions.. to bother you to answer, thank you!

Hello, Thank you for reaching out. Here are answers to your questions:
          Full-time CPT is a legitimate way to let you stay in U.S and work. CPT is authorized by the school. it can be 20 hours a week or more than 20 hours. Only to be careful is that the school must be legitimate, and CPT is required as a part of the program. Generally the program that allows Full-time CPT from day 1 is Master degree program. Now the government has had a close eye on CPT program. So enrolling some vocational schools, non-degree programs, and language schools may have a problem.
          We don’t have full-time CPT school in Chicago now. But CPT program we offer has flexible class time, so many students in Chicago will enroll our CPT program in east coast. They will fly over once a month.
          Yes, once you complete the master degree program.
          Generally takes two years to complete a master's degree, Full-time CPT can be up to 24 months.
          Master courses average tuition is $ 5,000 per semester, three semesters a year. Basic documents you need to prepare: transcripts, degree certificates, bank statement, resume, personal statement and letters of recommendation. After we receive above documents, we will work with you step-by-step until you get full-time CPT. Each school has different program offerings and each CPT program has different deadline to apply.We will help you find the proper programs to place you in.

I hope the above answers are helpful to you. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact ILIS.

Comment

CPT questions

Hello,

I am currently working in the Greater Boston area. My company is going to file for my H1 but as a backup option, I am looking into enrolling in a school and working on CPT. My OPT expires on Nov 15. I want to know which schools around me will offer CPT programs? Also, when and how should I apply for the CPT program?

Any info you can provide will be helpful.

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by neha.1411 View Post
              Hello,

I am currently working in the Greater Boston area. My company is going to file for my H1 but as a backup option, I am looking into enrolling in a school and working on CPT. My OPT expires on Nov 15. I want to know which schools around me will offer CPT programs? Also, when and how should I apply for the CPT program?

Any info you can provide will be helpful.

Thank you!
              I am in the same situation as you are, I work in Boston (waltham). Would you please tell me if you have enrolled into any colleges or planning to enroll into 1 ?

Comment

More Info

Hello
                I am currently in FL and I've been researching schools that offer day 1 CPT, I was not successful in finding it
                Can anyone help me ??
                I currently have a valid F1 and i'm on cpt from my last master

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X