Change H-3 to F-1 or both H-3 and F-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change H-3 to F-1 or both H-3 and F-1

I have a valid H-3 Visa (training) with my current employer valid till October 2015. I have not yet traveled on it. I plan to go for Graduate studies on F-1 Visa starting August. The Graduate University has asked me to apply for a change of Visa Status. "Request I-20 (Initial Attendance) requiring travel and re-entry to the U.S"
    My question is there a need to apply for a change of VISA Status or both visas can be valid simultaneously? I think as soon as I resign from my job, my H-3 Visa should be invalid as it was petitioned by by current employer.
    Please help, what should be the ideal approach. Do i need a change of Visa Status or apply F-1 independently as if I don't have a H-3 Visa.

Originally posted by kumar.prateek08 View Post
    I have a valid H-3 Visa (training) with my current employer valid till October 2015. I have not yet traveled on it. I plan to go for Graduate studies on F-1 Visa starting August. The Graduate University has asked me to apply for a change of Visa Status. "Request I-20 (Initial Attendance) requiring travel and re-entry to the U.S"
    My question is there a need to apply for a change of VISA Status or both visas can be valid simultaneously? I think as soon as I resign from my job, my H-3 Visa should be invalid as it was petitioned by by current employer.
    Please help, what should be the ideal approach. Do i need a change of Visa Status or apply F-1 independently as if I don't have a H-3 Visa.
    Ideally speaking you could have your attorney file a H3 to F1 Change of Status, but the drawback is that it can take considerable amount of time. So in the interest of time it would be better to leave US, and go for fresh F1 stamping and re enter US on F1 visa.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X