X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got RFE while H1B transfer

Hi ,

I need your help here please:

I got my H1B(change of status from L1B to H1B) last October through H1B quota through my employer "A" after that in Dec 2014 I changed my employer to "B"(consultancy based) and started working at client location.

I got good offer one US based company , so they applied my H1B transfer in Apr 15th 2015 and I gave notice to my current employer.Today I got RFE on my H1B transfer petition. My planned join Date at new company on 4th May 2015.

Please give few suggestion how proceed with situation.

* I am planning to join on 4th as my attorney told he will docs with another two days.Is it legal to join when there is RFE on my petition?

Thanks,
    Ganesh

Originally posted by gdevendran View Post
    Hi ,

I need your help here please:

I got my H1B(change of status from L1B to H1B) last October through H1B quota through my employer "A" after that in Dec 2014 I changed my employer to "B"(consultancy based) and started working at client location.

I got good offer one US based company , so they applied my H1B transfer in Apr 15th 2015 and I gave notice to my current employer.Today I got RFE on my H1B transfer petition. My planned join Date at new company on 4th May 2015.

Please give few suggestion how proceed with situation.

* I am planning to join on 4th as my attorney told he will docs with another two days.Is it legal to join when there is RFE on my petition?

Thanks,
    Ganesh
    Its not illegal but its risky, if for some reason the petition is denied, you basically go out of status and would have to leave US.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X