Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• successful h1 stamping in melbourne

hi all

I would like to share my h1 stamping experience here in Melbourne, Australia but first let me tell you guys about my case.

I did my masters in information technology and I have been staying in melb for the past 3 yrs and still on student visa…. I appeared for a tourist visa to usa on 6 July 2004 with my brother who’s a permanent resident in states as my spon sorer but was refused a visa on grounds of me not being a permanent resident here (aust). This year i.e., on 22 dec I applied for a h1 visa stamping and was successfully stamped.

My interview was on 22 dec 10:30am I reached the consulate around 10 and as the procedure takes I was scanned and let in after that I was given a ticket and asked to be seated and around 11 they called my number and I submitted my documents and waited for another 15 min till my name was called.

v.o: place ur index finger on the scanner
    me: did so

v.o: observed the foto on my passport and said I cant recognize u from this foto
    me: well it was taken in 2000

v.o:he observed me for quite some time asked me to remove glasses and all stuff
    me: ……………….????????

v.o: how long u been in Australia
    me: almost three yrs

v.o: are u a student
    me: yep

v.o: what course did u do here
    me: explained about it

v.o:do u have any family in usa
    me : nope

v.o: looked at my companies gross profit and net profit and said there is a lot of diff
    wht do u think the remaining amount is goin
    me: I said may be tax deductions and wages

v.o: how do u know this is a real company
    me: said I applied online and then there was three interviews and once I was successful I was sent the offer letter

v.o: gave my documents back, retaining my passport and return envelop and asked me to take the green form while travelling to US and said we r issuing a visa u will get ur passport in a week it being Christmas
    me: thank you very much , happy Christmas

tips
    be very confident in answering the questions and always keep eye contact and have a good dress code (suit and tie).

Wish every h1 aspirant all the best and happy Christmas and new year.

Cheers
    Narain

documents that you took for stamping

Hi Narain,
    Congrats on your stamping. My brother lives in Melbourne currently and is a PR of Australia. He is planning to go for H1 stamping soon, his approval notice indicates Sydney as the stamping consulate but we're trying to see if he can go to Mel consul since it'll be easier for him. Anyway, could you please share the details on the documents that you took for the stamping? Were you asked about any client details/projects/documents? Appreciate your inputs.

Thanks!

Comment

Congrats Narain
      Cheers mate
      NOT A LEGAL ADVISER
      USE IT AT YOUR RISK

STRONGLY BELIVE US VISA IS A LOTTERY WON BY MANY .

Comment

Documents that i took

hi

well i am not sure that u can go to melb consulate even if it says sydney consul. well coming to the documents i took the letter from my employer addressing the consulate in melb to grant a visa my h1 approval(I797) , I-129 photocopy of my offer letter, lca, my indian experience letter and my certificates. regarding the clients, projects they were no questions at all, hope these answers ur query and wish ur brother all the best.

cheers narain

Comment

brother got H1B stamping - no questions asked

Thanks Narain for your inputs... My brother's stamping went smoothly (partly 'cause he's a permanent resident of Aus) without any questions in Sydney consulate...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X