Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b Visa Transfer

Experts,

I am moving from Employer A to B. My Visa transfer is almost done. So, I plan to give 2 weeks notice , exactly 2 weeks before my joining date at B. Now , In past our company A, has asked people to leave early or on same day when they give 2 weeks notice.

So, when I give 2 weeks notice to A, and if they ask me to leave on same day. I will be home for 2 weeks ( precisely 9 Business days).
    Will I fall out of status because of this?

P.S. My employer B, wont allow early joining. I have full time positions both at A and B.

Thank you in Advance!!!

Originally posted by indian31 View Post
    Experts,

I am moving from Employer A to B. My Visa transfer is almost done. So, I plan to give 2 weeks notice , exactly 2 weeks before my joining date at B. Now , In past our company A, has asked people to leave early or on same day when they give 2 weeks notice.

So, when I give 2 weeks notice to A, and if they ask me to leave on same day. I will be home for 2 weeks ( precisely 9 Business days).

P.S. My employer B, wont allow early joining. I have full time positions both at A and B.

Thank you in Advance!!!
    Would you not be paid for those 2 Weeks? Last I heard notice period is valid from both ends, so even if they sack you they need to give you notice as per the employment contract, also you can force them to pay for your travel ticket back to home country. A demand for notice/ticket would likely act as a deterrent to the employer to pay you for those 2 Weeks. But yes, if you are not paid for those 2 Weeks you are out of status.

I would not advise a resignation unless B's I797 approval notice with new I94 is in your hand.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks Raghvi!
      From what i recall, the 2 weeks notice is more of courtesy from both ends. So, if i give 2 weeks notice and they ask me to work for just 1 week.
      Will even 1 week of unemployment make me out of status?

Originally posted by indian31 View Post
      Experts,

Thank you in Advance!!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X