Job change after I-140 approved and H1 6 year term expired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job change after I-140 approved and H1 6 year term expired

I have an offer to join another firm and they are ready to initiate the process again. What are possible issues as my current term would expire in less than an year (I have already crossed 6 years mark)?

When new company restarts GC process then I should be able to reach what stage to get next H1 extension (as it is beyond 6 year term)?

Please help.
    Last edited by ninsk; 05-01-2015, 02:44 PM.

Originally posted by ninsk View Post
    I have an offer to join another firm and they are ready to initiate the process again. What are possible issues as my current term would expire in less than an year (I have already crossed 6 years mark)?

When new company restarts GC process then I should be able to reach what stage to get next H1 extension (as it is beyond 6 year term)?

PLease help.
    When is your current I797 expiring? Would the current employer continue the I140 or revoke it once you resign? When was I140 approved?

Comment

I797 is expiring in Jan 2016 and I140 approved a couple of years back.
      No idea about what the current employer would do.
      Last edited by ninsk; 05-01-2015, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Job change after I-140 approved and H1 6 year term expired

I have an offer to join another firm and they are ready to initiate the process again. What are possible issues as my current term would expire in less than an year (I have already crossed 6 years mark)? When new company restarts GC process then I should be able to reach what stage to get next H1 extension (as it is beyond 6 year term)?

Please help.

Comment

Originally posted by ninsk View Post
          I have an offer to join another firm and they are ready to initiate the process again. What are possible issues as my current term would expire in less than an year (I have already crossed 6 years mark)? When new company restarts GC process then I should be able to reach what stage to get next H1 extension (as it is beyond 6 year term)?

Please help.
          Has the I485 been filed?

The issue I see is that in order to get H1 extension beyond Jan 2016 either B's I140 should be approved by then , or A should not have withdrawn their I140.

Read a previous thread: http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showth...40-is-approved

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thank you raghvi for your response. I have not even accepted the offer from the other company yet.

I am unable to understand some previous I-140 related points here:

1. If I resign from my current employer then why would they not withdraw my I-140?
            2. Is there any way to ensure or convince them not to withdraw?
            3. What do people usually do in such scenario?

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
            Has the I485 been filed?

The issue I see is that in order to get H1 extension beyond Jan 2016 either B's I140 should be approved by then , or A should not have withdrawn their I140.

Read a previous thread: http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showth...40-is-approved

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Hi ninsk

I am in the same situation and would like to know what did you end up deciding

Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X