Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 employer changed, can H4 travel on old visa

Hi Experts,

I came to US on H1 of company X. Now I moved to employer "Y", my I797 is approved and I already started working with Y.

My wife and child have H4 visa, with employer X details mentioned on the VISA (on passport). I am planning to bring them to US and this is the first time ever they are coming to US. The existing H4 is valid till 30 September 2016. My new I797 has valid through April 2018.

As I am with another employer now, can my family travel with existing H4 visa with previous employer details mentioned on it or do they need to get a fresh VISA stamping with new employer details?

Please let me know if any further details are required.

Thanks
    Raj

Originally posted by Raj_sree View Post
    Hi Experts,

I came to US on H1 of company X. Now I moved to employer "Y", my I797 is approved and I already started working with Y.

My wife and child have H4 visa, with employer X details mentioned on the VISA (on passport). I am planning to bring them to US and this is the first time ever they are coming to US. The existing H4 is valid till 30 September 2016. My new I797 has valid through April 2018.

As I am with another employer now, can my family travel with existing H4 visa with previous employer details mentioned on it or do they need to get a fresh VISA stamping with new employer details?

Please let me know if any further details are required.

Thanks
    Raj
    Yes they can, they should carry your current employer's approved I797 notice along with your latest pay stubs.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X