Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B Amendment - Please advise. - Urgent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Amendment - Please advise. - Urgent.

Hi,

My Wife is on H1 and recently had change in client location and got the LCA approved. She is planning to visit India this month and now the employer is saying that she need to do H1B Amendment based on new LCA. While in India she has plans to get her H1 Visa stamped as well.

1. How long would it take to process H1B Amendment - Regular / Premium
    2. Is it Ok for her to travel to India just with LCA and not applying for H1B Amendment
    3. Is it OK for her to travel with H1B Amendment filing Receipt and not wait for actual approval?
    4. Would there be any anticipated issues in Visa Interview or in POE, while returning back.

Please Help.

Originally posted by vasudevadv View Post
    Hi,

My Wife is on H1 and recently had change in client location and got the LCA approved. She is planning to visit India this month and now the employer is saying that she need to do H1B Amendment based on new LCA. While in India she has plans to get her H1 Visa stamped as well.

1. How long would it take to process H1B Amendment - Regular / Premium
    2. Is it Ok for her to travel to India just with LCA and not applying for H1B Amendment
    3. Is it OK for her to travel with H1B Amendment filing Receipt and not wait for actual approval?
    4. Would there be any anticipated issues in Visa Interview or in POE, while returning back.

Please Help.
    1. 2-4 Months Normal processing, 2-4 weeks premium processing.
    2, 3, 4. I would suggest to get the amendment doen and approved before going for visa stamping. Read this current thread about another forum member facing issues because amendment was not timely done. http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showth...nied-%28I94%29

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

H1B amendment

H1B amendment question
      I am about to join new company A as permanent employee. My H1B transfer is completed. Couple of days back company A told me there is sudden ramp down in the project and they want me to join another project. However as per them they can file H1B amendment only once I join the company. Is it true that as per USCIS new company can file amendment only when I join it?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X