Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query on H1B resume submission

Hello Everyone,

I am in a very complex situation created by my own. Although I never thought I would land up like this.

Here is my case:
    I have 12 years of extensive IT experience (all of in India) in both Java and Mainframes. I was lucky enough to be part of applications that required both IT skills. I have worked with multiple roles such as developer/designer/SA. So I have always utilized that to my advantage. For example whenever a pure Java opening is there then to be considered for that opening I would suppress my Mainframe experience in my resume. So basically I would show first 6 years with mix of Java+Mainframes and last 6 years only in Java. Similarly a pure Mainframe opening is available I would suppress my Java experience in my resume. I would then show first 6 years with Mainframe+Java and last 6 years with Mainframes. However I change only the responsibilities and company/working-duration/job-titles/designations will always be same.

So last year I came across a company that was ready to sponsor my H1B based on my Java experience so I forwarded my Java resume (Mainframe suppressed - first 6 years as Java/Mainframe and last 6 years in Java) resume. So my employer filed my H1B, I got my H1B and since last 4 months I have been working for them in US. All was well until I came across a very lucrative opportunity in Mainframes as an SA. So just to try my luck I forwarded my Mainframe resume. I was called for an interview, it clicked and got an offer. Now my new employer wants to do H1B transfer (rightly so) but the dilemma is that my resume would look different from what was initially submitted for my initial H1B filing. Good thing is that first 6 years of my resume are same. All the 4 companies I have worked for are the same and working duration are also the same. In fact job-titles/designations are also the same. It is just the responsibilities of last 6 years would differ from my initial resume. Instead of Java, they will come across Mainframe.

So I am nervous about my H1B transfer only because of the responsibilities part. Has anyone been in this situation before or if anyone has any idea about handling this kind of situation? Any kind of advice will be really appreciated.

Thanks,
    Rupali

Originally posted by rupali_in View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I am in a very complex situation created by my own. Although I never thought I would land up like this.

Here is my case:
    I have 12 years of extensive IT experience (all of in India) in both Java and Mainframes. I was lucky enough to be part of applications that required both IT skills. I have worked with multiple roles such as developer/designer/SA. So I have always utilized that to my advantage. For example whenever a pure Java opening is there then to be considered for that opening I would suppress my Mainframe experience in my resume. So basically I would show first 6 years with mix of Java+Mainframes and last 6 years only in Java. Similarly a pure Mainframe opening is available I would suppress my Java experience in my resume. I would then show first 6 years with Mainframe+Java and last 6 years with Mainframes. However I change only the responsibilities and company/working-duration/job-titles/designations will always be same.

So last year I came across a company that was ready to sponsor my H1B based on my Java experience so I forwarded my Java resume (Mainframe suppressed - first 6 years as Java/Mainframe and last 6 years in Java) resume. So my employer filed my H1B, I got my H1B and since last 4 months I have been working for them in US. All was well until I came across a very lucrative opportunity in Mainframes as an SA. So just to try my luck I forwarded my Mainframe resume. I was called for an interview, it clicked and got an offer. Now my new employer wants to do H1B transfer (rightly so) but the dilemma is that my resume would look different from what was initially submitted for my initial H1B filing. Good thing is that first 6 years of my resume are same. All the 4 companies I have worked for are the same and working duration are also the same. In fact job-titles/designations are also the same. It is just the responsibilities of last 6 years would differ from my initial resume. Instead of Java, they will come across Mainframe.

So I am nervous about my H1B transfer only because of the responsibilities part. Has anyone been in this situation before or if anyone has any idea about handling this kind of situation? Any kind of advice will be really appreciated.

Thanks,
    Rupali
    I dont think the two resume are compared at any point of time.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Good afternoon! In addition to writing a resume, I would recommend that you familiarize yourself with the many nuances of companies. What does it mean to be loyal to your company?
      It means being a loyal employee who goes above and beyond every working hour or even overtime for over 2 years. However, it should also mean that you are completely satisfied with your choice of profession. However, this does not always correspond to life. How to deal with all this? Is company loyalty beneficial? Who faced it once ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X