Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B transfer after check cashed but not received official receipt number

Hello Fellow Immihelp forum members,

I am currently working on H1-B for an employer and I recently got an offer from major tech company and they applied for my h1b transfer(I believe in regular processing). I was planning on starting my new employment once I received my receipt notice. The lawyers mentioned that the filed on the week of April 20th. I have not received the receipt number till today(may 8th) so I contacted them and they checked and told me the check was cashed and the receipt number was on the back of it. When I checked my status in the USCIS website, it says "On April 21, 2015, we received your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number **** **** ***, and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your receipt notice by May 21, 2015, please call Customer Service at ". How long do you think it will take from the time the check was cashed and to receive the official receipt notice? Can I start working with the new company before I get the official receipt notice since my case has already been accepted for processing?

Thanks in advance for you replies!

Originally posted by imisearcher View Post
    Hello Fellow Immihelp forum members,

I am currently working on H1-B for an employer and I recently got an offer from major tech company and they applied for my h1b transfer(I believe in regular processing). I was planning on starting my new employment once I received my receipt notice. The lawyers mentioned that the filed on the week of April 20th. I have not received the receipt number till today(may 8th) so I contacted them and they checked and told me the check was cashed and the receipt number was on the back of it. When I checked my status in the USCIS website, it says "On April 21, 2015, we received your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number **** **** ***, and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your receipt notice by May 21, 2015, please call Customer Service at ". How long do you think it will take from the time the check was cashed and to receive the official receipt notice? Can I start working with the new company before I get the official receipt notice since my case has already been accepted for processing?

Thanks in advance for you replies!
    Technically you can start working, but would advise against joining before approval notice. Suppose, for any reason, if the "transfer" is rejected you end up going out of status and would need to leave US.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Technically you can start working, but would advise against joining before approval notice. Suppose, for any reason, if the "transfer" is rejected you end up going out of status and would need to leave US.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      --------

I am in the same situation .. How long did it take for you to get the receipt? I have the receipt number from the cashed check.
      Any help is highly appreciated.

-Santhosh

Comment

Originally posted by santhoshg06 View Post
        --------

I am in the same situation .. How long did it take for you to get the receipt? I have the receipt number from the cashed check.
        Any help is highly appreciated.

-Santhosh
        Hey Santhosh,

I got the original receipt sometime around may 8th. But I am still waiting for the approval. Did you status update? Did you get an approval notice?

Thanks!

Comment

Hi,
          Did you join new employer with Receipt number? is it ok if the employer is big company?

Originally posted by imisearcher View Post
          Hey Santhosh,

I got the original receipt sometime around may 8th. But I am still waiting for the approval. Did you status update? Did you get an approval notice?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by myvisakumar View Post
            Hi,
            Did you join new employer with Receipt number? is it ok if the employer is big company?
            Yes. I joined my employer a month back. Both my previous and my current employers are big public-traded tech companies and I have a masters degree from a reputed US university so I heard it should not be a problem and I can join so I started a month back.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X