H1-B Stamping Annotation issue with two approved petitions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B Stamping Annotation issue with two approved petitions

Would like share my recent stamping experience (Chennai)

My visa interview completed on April 13 visa approved and collected my passport on April 16.
    I got my passport after visa stamping, upon checking i found that visa valid only after 1 st Aug 2015. (mean i can only travel after august 1st)

Annotation says : Visa valid from Aug 1st

I have 2 I-797 i applied the visa with latest petition.

1st I-797 A
    EAC- XYZ Valid from 03/12/2014 to 08/10/2015

2nd I-797 A
    EAC ABC valid from 08/11/2015 to 08/10/2018

Emailed the visa support team for the same they haven't responded back, i also went and checked the visa offsite location they cannot accept this for correction since they don't find any mistake for correction.

My vacation is only till may 9th, hence I took a chance and booked one more visa interview on April 30 (paying full fees for me and my wife). Booked the appointment with longest petition (aug2018)

Mean while I got email from Visa unit email as follows.

"Dear Applicant,

The information on the visa is reflected from the information given by the applicant on the DS160 application form. The DS160 does not have a provision for recording the details of the dual petition, hence the applicant should make a mention of the two valid petitions when they appear for the visa interview at the consulate.

We request you to send in your passports with copies of both the petitions via the drop box or the visa application centers for correction.

Thank you,
    Consular Information UNit."

Finally I explained my situation to the consular and he agreed to correct the issue, but as per consular comment we don't need to book one more appointment all we have to do is use the drop box option send the petition copies and explanation letter should be enough to resolve the issue.

I thought this would help if some facing the same issue.
    Last edited by alabkrishnan; 05-12-2015, 09:17 AM.

you're savior

@alabkrishnan....I can not thank you enough...you truly are my savior!

I faced the same issue in February-2016 when I went to India for a vacation and stamping. I was strongly advised by my employer's attorney to re-appear at Mumbai consulate to get visa based on old petition . I had only 3 months left on my old petition (till Jun-2016), whereas new petition has validity till Dec-2018. I googled for this type of cases and found this thread. So I followed your approach and sent out an email to support-usadocs and they accepted to rectify this and asked me to send my passports.

Thanks a lot, because of this thread only, I had hope to resolve this. If I had followed attorney's advise, I would have just 3 month long stamp in my passport.

Thanks again for sharing your experience!

Comment

Glad to hear my post Helped you!!!

Glad to hear my post Helped you!!!

Comment

Can you please tell whats the things you did for submission for drop off

Can you please tell whats the things you did for submission for drop off:

1. Once you got passport with discrepancy in stamping - did you dropped off your passport on same day with docs?
        2. Can you provide me with list of docs submitted?
        3. Can you provide me timeline for best case.

All you reply are appreciated.

Originally posted by Jay Patel View Post
        @alabkrishnan....I can not thank you enough...you truly are my savior!

I faced the same issue in February-2016 when I went to India for a vacation and stamping. I was strongly advised by my employer's attorney to re-appear at Mumbai consulate to get visa based on old petition . I had only 3 months left on my old petition (till Jun-2016), whereas new petition has validity till Dec-2018. I googled for this type of cases and found this thread. So I followed your approach and sent out an email to support-usadocs and they accepted to rectify this and asked me to send my passports.

Thanks a lot, because of this thread only, I had hope to resolve this. If I had followed attorney's advise, I would have just 3 month long stamp in my passport.

Thanks again for sharing your experience!

Comment

Jay Patel alabkrishnan -- I am on the same boat, My printed visa is already expired
          My current I797 (11-Aug-2017- 21-July-19)
          My approved extension (22-July-19 - 11 NOV -2020)
          I am visiting India on May-June. As my current stamped visa expired less than 1 year ago, I am eligible for dropbox option, May I know what exactly you have told to the dropbox associate?
          How do I ensure that they have made the correct note?

Comment

Jay Patel alabkrishnan My dependents went for the drop box and they are in the same situation as you faced. I do email the support team and i got a reply saying that they have approved based on the new petition and we can plan for a trip as per the VISA. Can you help me, how this can be sorted out. Can i ask my dependents to visit the drop box center by explaining the situation.?

Comment

Dear friends,
              I've similar issue. I've booked visa interview in May2019 with my current petition and then i cancelled due to personal reasons; And now I'm planning to visit India and re-scheduled with same ds160 and visa fee receipt and my appointment is on 5-Dec-2019; my current petition is valid until 25-feb-2020;
              Now my employer applied the extension in premium and got new petition with validity 10-NOV-2022; My question is , can i go for stamping with my current visa interview appointment along with latest petition or cancel it and start from the beginning ( new ds160, new fee, new appointment) ?
              If i go with current one, what could be my visa validity date? is it 25-FEB-2019 or 10-NOV-2022?
              Do i need to write a mail to [email protected] for the confirmation now it self?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X