H4 visa applying for TPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 visa applying for TPS

I just had my H4 visa extended and got approval, but now is it possible to apply for temporary protected status if i fall under the criteria given. Just had question about will TPS application be denied co'z i do have a valid H4 till next 3 years to stay?

Originally posted by hital View Post
    I just had my H4 visa extended and got approval, but now is it possible to apply for temporary protected status if i fall under the criteria given. Just had question about will TPS application be denied co'z i do have a valid H4 till next 3 years to stay?
    It appears you can apply for TPS even if you already have H4.

TPS is a temporary benefit that does not lead to lawful permanent resident status or give any other immigration status. However, registration for TPS does not prevent you from:

Applying for nonimmigrant status
    Filing for adjustment of status based on an immigrant petition
    Applying for any other immigration benefit or protection for which you may be eligible

PLEASE NOTE: To be granted any other immigration benefit you must still meet all the eligibility requirements for that particular benefit. An application for TPS does not affect an application for asylum or any other immigration benefit and vice versa. Denial of an application for asylum or any other immigration benefit does not affect your ability to register for TPS, although the grounds of denial of that application may also lead to denial of TPS.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Request for help!

If filing for TPS first time but with expired EAD what do i fill in the i-765 form no. 16 category a(12) or c(19)?
      Anyone has idea and if any mistake in the category will it affect the approval of the application?

Comment

(c)(19) while your Form I-821 is pending adjudication.
        (a)(12) once your Form I-821 is approved.
        If you are concurrently filing both, ie it is your first time (eg Nepali) then c19 is the designation.

Are you filing electronically? It might be quicker to do it that way.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X