H1B Transfer Denied, Need Help and Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Transfer Denied, Need Help and Advice

Hi all! I have a tough situation here hope you can provide advice, thanks in advance!

I got my initial H1B at company A in 2014 and effective on 10/1/2014, with I-94 expiration date set to 2017;
    One month later(Nov. 2014) I accepted offer from company B and filed H1B transfer, and I started working at company B with receipt notice. Company A then revoked my H1B several weeks later.

Everything seemed fine for a while, and then **** happened. On 5/11/2015, my H1B transfer got denied... Company B(current employer) is hiring another lawyer to re-file my case. From what I was told by the lawyer, the new H1B petition was filed as consular processing, which means once it's approved, I need to go back to my home country to get a new H1B visa to re-enter US.

Here are my questions:
    1. What's my best possible reaction to this situation?
    2. Since the H1 transfer got denied on 5/11, my status suddenly became "illegal" now, will this become an issue when I try to get my H1B visa via consular processing?
    3. What's the odds that I get denied for the H1B visa? (My employer is an Internet startup in SF, with a total of ~50 employees)

Your kind advices will be appreciated. Thanks a lot!

Originally posted by pdxc View Post
    Hi all! I have a tough situation here hope you can provide advice, thanks in advance!

I got my initial H1B at company A in 2014 and effective on 10/1/2014, with I-94 expiration date set to 2017;
    One month later(Nov. 2014) I accepted offer from company B and filed H1B transfer, and I started working at company B with receipt notice. Company A then revoked my H1B several weeks later.

Everything seemed fine for a while, and then **** happened. On 5/11/2015, my H1B transfer got denied... Company B(current employer) is hiring another lawyer to re-file my case. From what I was told by the lawyer, the new H1B petition was filed as consular processing, which means once it's approved, I need to go back to my home country to get a new H1B visa to re-enter US.

Here are my questions:
    1. What's my best possible reaction to this situation?
    2. Since the H1 transfer got denied on 5/11, my status suddenly became "illegal" now, will this become an issue when I try to get my H1B visa via consular processing?
    3. What's the odds that I get denied for the H1B visa? (My employer is an Internet startup in SF, with a total of ~50 employees)

Your kind advices will be appreciated. Thanks a lot!
    When you say the transfer got denied, do you mean the petition itself got denied, or it got approved, but you didnt receive a new I-94(I797B instead of I797A) ?

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      When you say the transfer got denied, do you mean the petition itself got denied, or it got approved, but you didnt receive a new I-94(I797B instead of I797A) ?

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      I mean the petition itself got denied. We are currently working with a new lawyer to re-file a new petition.

Comment

What was the reason for denial?

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
          What was the reason for denial?
          Finally got the notice in mail. The lawyer made a mistake --he had selected a OES position, which typically does not require a Bachelor's degree (I have a Masters). The new lawyer is filing new LCA and H1B petition, with new position.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X