Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long I-797C, Notice of Action Valid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long I-797C, Notice of Action Valid?

I have applied for H1B through a company in April 2008 and I got "I-797C" with receipt number in April 2008 only. But after that due to some reasons my employer could n't send the documents to me to appear for Visa Stamping. Here is my actual Question starts like, Right now am in India and Can i use my old "I-797C" in any way?

Today one of the employers ready to do process with 2008 receipt (I-797C). Actually, what I heard I-797C is a receipt which is not an actual approved copy. Is it true? Am I cap exempt for 2015 as well? Is it possible to get the approved copy from USCIS? If yes, Can go for H1B visa stamping?

Appreciate for your Quick Response..!!

Originally posted by srinivasreddy15 View Post
    I have applied for H1B through a company in April 2008 and I got "I-797C" with receipt number in April 2008 only. But after that due to some reasons my employer could n't send the documents to me to appear for Visa Stamping. Here is my actual Question starts like, Right now am in India and Can i use my old "I-797C" in any way?

Today one of the employers ready to do process with 2008 receipt (I-797C). Actually, what I heard I-797C is a receipt which is not an actual approved copy. Is it true? Am I cap exempt for 2015 as well? Is it possible to get the approved copy from USCIS? If yes, Can go for H1B visa stamping?

Appreciate for your Quick Response..!!
    My understanding is one remains cap exempt for 6 Years from the year of filing, as you have already crossed that limit I dont think you are cap exempt. But if an employer is willing to sponsor you based on this, then let them go ahead, as long as you dont have to pay anything .

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X