Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please suggest, If I should get a new passport issued with my latest address ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please suggest, If I should get a new passport issued with my latest address ?

My current passport (Indian passport) has the address of my home where I don't stay. We have given that house on rent to a family.

I am worried if h1-b visa processing will require my passport to have my current address on it.

I have recently got my application picked in the lottery. Please suggest if I should go for a fresh passport having my latest address or the old one is enough for me to go through the entire stamping process?

Can issuing a new passport at this stage cause any problem?

Note : During the process of application filing for H1B drive, I submitted the copy of my passport that holds my old address.

Is there anyone who can help me with an answer on this question?

Originally posted by anonymous89 View Post
    My current passport (Indian passport) has the address of my home where I don't stay. We have given that house on rent to a family.

I am worried if h1-b visa processing will require my passport to have my current address on it.

I have recently got my application picked in the lottery. Please suggest if I should go for a fresh passport having my latest address or the old one is enough for me to go through the entire stamping process?

Note : During the process of application filing for H1B drive, I submitted the copy of my passport that holds my old address.
    Please guide

Comment

Please guide
      Its not mandatory to get the address updated.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks Raghvi, there is One more thing I wanted to confirm

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
        Its not mandatory to get the address updated.

Is there any police verification or some sort of verification (where someone visits the given address) USCIS carries out before visa stamping ??

Comment

Is there any police verification or some sort of verification (where someone visits the given address) USCIS carries out before visa stamping ??
          None that I am aware of.

Comment

Not required. They do not check the address.

Comment

I do not think the address needs to be a current one. Personal opinion. Not a legal advise.

Comment

Thanks!

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
                None that I am aware of.

Thanks for the help !!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Purna Chandra Sasmal View Post
                Not required. They do not check the address.
                Thanks for the help !!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by An08 View Post
                I do not think the address needs to be a current one. Personal opinion. Not a legal advise.
                Thanks for the help !!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X