Need to travel to India when my VISA extension is in Process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to travel to India when my VISA extension is in Process

Hi, I have a situation where I need to travel to India for a couple of weeks in Apr 2016.
    My VISA is expiring on 15th June 2016(Next year). I understand that the Visa renewal process can be started 6 months prior to the VISA expiring date. Can I still travel to India and come back to USA under the following circumstances?

Situation 1.Renewal process initiated, but neither the receipt nor the Approval notice has been received.

Situation 2:Renewal process initiated, only the receipt is received but not the approval notice.

Situation 3:Renewal process initiated, both receipt and approval notice received (While I am still in US). In this case can I book a slot for my stamping in India even if it is prior to the existing VISA's expiration date ?

Situation 4:Renewal process initiated, both receipt and approval notice received (When I am in India for vacation). So do I need to get stamped before starting back to US? or is it enough just to carry the printout of the approval notice ?

Or is it advisable to Initiate my VISA extension after I return to US from my vacation by last week of April 2016, but in that case there will be only 45 days more to my VISA expiry date ? Would that be fine?

Also my employer does not file in Premium Category.

Please help.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X