H4 Visa interview questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa interview questions

I am preparing for my wife's h4 visa interview and was compiling a list of question and answers. Below are a couple of questions which I am not completely sure how to answer. Your advice/inputs will be highly appreciated:
    1) My wife has done her BE in electronics. If the VO asks her about her plans once in USA, she is going to say that she plans to be a homemaker. How should she respond in case VO pushes her and asks her why doesnt she want to work given that she has a BE degree?
    2) I have already started my GC process. My labor is approved and I will be filing my I140 shortly. She will obviously say yes to the question if I have applied for GC. but How does she respond to the questions: Do you plan to settle in USA? What will you do once your/husband's visa expires?.

Thanks for your responses!

B visas require non-immigrant intent. INA214(b)
    H visas do not.

If she really wants to convince the CO she is not going to work (which she is entitled to do as H4 dependent of GC pending H1, after applying for EAD), she could say...

"My husband makes enough money that I don't need to worry about working"
    "We want to start a family, and childcare in XYZ city costs almost half as much as I could make as a BsEE. I barely trust other people to care for my child, so we both rather I be a homemaker"

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X