X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best answer to "Why you got converted from L2 (EAD) to H1"

HI,

Need your help.

Until last year my wife was working under L2 EAD and in 2014 she got her H1 done. She is going for visa stamping first time in H1 and what would be the best answer to visa interviewing officer, if he asks "Why did you got converted from L2 (EAD) to H1?"

Secondly, her GC processing just started and is in PERM review. What is the best answer if the visa interviewing officer asks, "Are you planning to go back to your home country?" and contradicting to "Have you applied for Green Card"?

Please advise.

Originally posted by vasudevadv View Post
    HI,

Need your help.

Until last year my wife was working under L2 EAD and in 2014 she got her H1 done. She is going for visa stamping first time in H1 and what would be the best answer to visa interviewing officer, if he asks "Why did you got converted from L2 (EAD) to H1?"

Secondly, her GC processing just started and is in PERM review. What is the best answer if the visa interviewing officer asks, "Are you planning to go back to your home country?" and contradicting to "Have you applied for Green Card"?

Please advise.
    It would be extremely rare that the officer would follow this line of questioning. Her H1 employer and her H1 eligibility would primarily be the interview topics.

As for GC both H1 and L1/L2 are dual intent so a question regarding GC may not crop up. This question gets asked normally to F1/J1 candidates.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X