L2 to H1b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 to H1b

I am working on L2 visa with a multinational company since last 2 years on L2 visa. My L2 is going to expire on Aug 30. I got picked up in lottery this year through the same company. My husband's company is applying for his L1 extension. Should I ask them to apply L2 extension along with it. Or will be better to go back to India in Sept and come back with H1b stamped on the passport.

Originally posted by Bhavna1244 View Post
    I am working on L2 visa with a multinational company since last 2 years on L2 visa. My L2 is going to expire on Aug 30. I got picked up in lottery this year through the same company. My husband's company is applying for his L1 extension. Should I ask them to apply L2 extension along with it. Or will be better to go back to India in Sept and come back with H1b stamped on the passport.
    Unless your spouse's company is planning to apply L1 extension in premium and within next few Months, I would suggest you have a higher chances of moving to H1 if you go out of US on or before Aug 30, attend h1 stamping and return as early as Sep 20th on H1, and start working on H1 from 01-Oct-2015. You have to see the strength of your H1 documentation to decide if you want to face H1 stamping or not.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response. Can you please also elaborate on the document required for H1b stamping?
      I am directly working on the payroll of this multinational company (~5000 employees) for more than 2 years and the project is an inhouse project.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X