Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got I797A instead of I797B

Hi

I dont have prior H1 VIsa and i am also not in US.

When i got my H1B petition approval i got an I797A with I94 instead of I797B

I am going to stamping with I797A is it Ok?

Will my Visa be rejected?

Regards
    Sriram

There will not be any issues. Looks like USCIS made a mistake by sending you an I-94 when you are outside U.S. Return the I-94 back to CBP with a letter mentioning that you received an I-94 with the approval when the petition was filed for consular process.
    Returning an Uncollected Form I-94 Back to U.S. Customs and Border Protection
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks Shervin

Thanks Shervin for your reply.

So can i go for stamping with I797A itself?

Comment

Yes. Just cut the I-94 out of I-797A and return it to CBP.

Comment

Thanks Shervin

Thanks Shervin. Sorry for Replying you late.

I cross checked with another I797A and i found out that my I797A has no I94 number but has the slip alone . It has no dates too.

I have an I797A instead of I797B thats the issue i have.

Comment

Well in that case you have no issues. Since you were outside U.S, you are supposed to receive the approval without an I-94. You shouldn't care whether it is I-797A or B. You will have no issues related to this during your visa interview.

Originally posted by sriramks View Post
            Thanks Shervin. Sorry for Replying you late.

I cross checked with another I797A and i found out that my I797A has no I94 number but has the slip alone . It has no dates too.

I have an I797A instead of I797B thats the issue i have.

Comment

THanks Shervin

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
              Well in that case you have no issues. Since you were outside U.S, you are supposed to receive the approval without an I-94. You shouldn't care whether it is I-797A or B. You will have no issues related to this during your visa interview.
              Thanks Shervin

Comment

i797a has no consular notice

Hi shervin,

My I797A has no mention about consular notice. Is it a problem for stamping?

Regards
                Sriram

Comment

Got I797A instead of I797B please guide

Please guide me. I got I797A instead of I797B. I am in india and never went to USA earlier.

Do this can cause Visa denial. What need to be done from my side.

I am worried, I have raised stamping request. What should I Do.

Thanks in Advance

Comment

No.

Originally posted by sriramks View Post
                    Hi shervin,

My I797A has no mention about consular notice. Is it a problem for stamping?

Regards
                    Sriram

Comment

Got I797A instead of i797B

Hi,
                      I have applied for H1B in month of April when I was in India.
                      In June, I traveled to US on h4. My petition got approved in month of September.
                      As per my understanding if I file visa outside US then the petition copy should be I797B right?
                      I received copy of petition with I797A?
                      Can you tell me the reason behind that?Do I need to worry?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X