Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 and L2

Hi,

My L2 expires on Aug 15, and I got picked up in lottery this year, employer filed for COS. If I go back to India on Aug 15 with pending H1b COS approval, can that cause problem in the approval process?

Please help.

Originally posted by Bhavna1244 View Post
    Hi,

My L2 expires on Aug 15, and I got picked up in lottery this year, employer filed for COS. If I go back to India on Aug 15 with pending H1b COS approval, can that cause problem in the approval process?

Please help.
    One should avoid travel while a COS is pending. COS is abandoned if one travels while it is pending.
    If possible wait till it is approved.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      One should avoid travel while a COS is pending. COS is abandoned if one travels while it is pending.
      If possible wait till it is approved.

I appreciate the quick response. If I ask my employer to move H1b approval to premium processing and it gets approved before Aug 15th, I can still work till Aug 15th on L2?
      Last edited by Bhavna1244; 06-04-2015, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhavna1244 View Post
        I appreciate the quick response. If I ask my employer to move H1b approval to premium processing and it gets approved before Aug 15th, I can still work till Aug 15th on L2?
        Yes you can work on L2 till Aug 15th assuming your EAD/I-94 is also valid till then. You cannot work on H1 before 01-Oct-2015 so you have to plan what you would be doing between Aug 15 to Oct 1st.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X