H1B transfer on Old I-94 number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B transfer on Old I-94 number

Last year I came to USA in June and got I-94 12345(for e.g.) and in November went back to India for a week and came back with I-94 number (67890) valid till September 2015.

Recently i had change of employer and new I-797 contains old I-94 number i.e. 12345 which is valid till Oct 2016 as I gave the attorney old I-94 and not my recent one.

Now my current I-94 (67890) will expire in September 2015 but will my old I-94(12345) be effective after September 2015 or do I need to get it corrected ??
    Please respond !!

Your status will expire as of the last I-94 that you received. Keep a copy of all your I-94 for your records. You don't have to do anything. When your leave the country next time, make sure you return all the I-94 at were with you. These days you no longer get an printed I-94s. They are all online.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for the Reply shervin143 and Sorry to ask you a question again !!

by " Your status will expire as of the last I-94 that you received " you mean the old I-94 number (which is expired after my visit to Indi) which is present on my new I-797 will become effective now?

Comment

Yes. Don't worry about your old expire I-94 of it's number. The last I-94 that you received will determine when you status will expire (irrespective what the I-94 number is).
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X