Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 B Transfer or Ammendment

Hi,

I have an offer from a new employer and the employer said he initiated transfer process. I am in India at the moment

Here is what my employer describes the process to me

1. Actually there is no transfer it is only applying new petition based on existing petition. - Will I be issued new LIN / WAC number. what happens to old LIN / WAC number

2. There is plenty of friction happening at USCIS on H4 conversions to H1 - is that true in any case

Please help me with info if you happened to come across my situations earlier

Thanks,

Adi

1. Actually there is no transfer it is only applying new petition based on existing petition. - Will I be issued new LIN / WAC number. what happens to old LIN / WAC number
    >>> What the employer mentions is true. Why do you care what the petition number will be? For each petition, a new number gets generated based on which service center will process your case.

2. There is plenty of friction happening at USCIS on H4 conversions to H1 - is that true in any case
    >>> I am not sure what you mean by H4 conversion to H1B causing friction. COS from H4 to H1B has been happening all the time and why will it all of a sudden have any kind of friction?
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X