Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going to H1B status directly from F1 Status ( without taking OPT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to H1B status directly from F1 Status ( without taking OPT)

Hi Guys,
    Good day. I am currently an F1 PhD student. I did my MS in 2012 and continued to Phd. But due to some circumstances, I will probably not be able to finish my Phd. So, I am thinking about getting into a job with H1B visa status directly from F1 visa status. So, my questions are:

1. Is it possible to go from F1 to H1B directly without getting an OPT ( if I can get an offer based on my MS degree) while staying in the US?
    2. If I get a job in July 2015 will I be able to start then? Or do I need to wait until 2016 when my employer will apply for H1B and then if I get selected, then I can start my job?
    3. If I cannot begin my job before my H1B kicks in, will I have to be a F1 student? Or Can I immediately start the job ( in july 2015) and then apply for H1B in April 2016?

Much appreciate for any answers.

Regards,

Hi liar,

1. Yes

2. No. Please note the window has been reopened last week, so an employer can get an app in if they are quick. See my post in this forum with a copy of the USCIS press release.

3. No H visa or OPT, no work. Period. It obviously would be easier if you had OPT in the interim.

Comment

Re:

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
      Hi liar,

1. Yes

2. No. Please note the window has been reopened last week, so an employer can get an app in if they are quick. See my post in this forum with a copy of the USCIS press release.

3. No H visa or OPT, no work. Period. It obviously would be easier if you had OPT in the interim.

Hi Inadmissible, Thanks for your reply.
      Regards,
      LiarHorse.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X