Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B extension drop box experience

Hi All,

I would like to share my experience as I have appeared for drop box in Mumbai consulate for H1 B extension on 11th May, 2015. Hope this will help to other people.

My company was acquired by another company on Jan, 2015. So my company name and it’s federal id were changed but still I was eligible for Drop-Box as my employer is not changed and my role and responsibilities were same.

I have filled the Form DS-160 and then paid the required fees. After paying the fees receipt number automatically appears on interview scheduling web site. There on Question no. 7 they asked few questions and based on that they decided whether I am eligible for drop box or not. However still we can go for interview if we want.

I went to Mumbai consulate on 11th May 2015 at 10.00 AM with following documents:
    DS-160 Confirmation page (old and new as I have corrected it twice)
    Drop-box confirmation page (old and new)
    I-797 original and Xerox
    2 passport size photograph which differs from photo in Passport
    Company letter which says that company is acquired by another company and its old name was “A” and now its name is “B”.

He just took the I-797 Xerox copy, 1 photograph and company’s name changed letter.

My visa got approved on 13th May, 2015. I got the email and next week I had collected my passport from different location.

I would like to thanks US consulate to approving my visa and immihelp to providing me space to share my experience with other people.

All the best to all of you.

Thanks,

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X