Short Visa Validity while entering US and Getting H4 visa after H1 expired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

•  Short Visa Validity while entering US and Getting H4 visa after H1 expired

I having valid H1B visa till Sept-30 2015 and planning my first travel to US on Mid of Aug-2015 ,
    with new employer document( Got my petition transfer and it is valid upto 2018). Now have below question and concern..

1. At time of US entering my visa will valid just for next 45 days . does it cause any problem at immigration check.
    2. Right now my wife not having H4 visa and we are planning to initiate same around Oct 2015 . Can she get H4 visa even after my current Visa expired.

1. At time of US entering my visa will valid just for next 45 days . does it cause any problem at immigration check.
    >>> No issues.

2. Right now my wife not having H4 visa and we are planning to initiate same around Oct 2015 . Can she get H4 visa even after my current Visa expired.
    >>> Yes. H4 visa is not issued baaed on your H1B visa. It is issued based on your H1B approval notice.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for reply .
      In my case ,
      What will the appropriate answer to the question like How long you are planning to stay in US or when you are planning to return ?.

Comment

The date on which your H1B petition expires (The H1B petition that you will hand over to the officer at the POE).

Originally posted by Akash S H View Post
        Thanks for reply .
        In my case ,
        What will the appropriate answer to the question like How long you are planning to stay in US or when you are planning to return ?.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

One recent trend I am seeing off late is that visa officers at the POE assign I-94 only till visa end date/passport end date whichever is earlier, even if one has a petition extending beyond visa expiry so might want to build a back up plan in case it happens.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X