Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to transfer F1 visa to H4 and applying H4 EAD together?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to transfer F1 visa to H4 and applying H4 EAD together?

Hi,

My wife is in her F1 OPT, working. I want to move her to H4. Is it possible to do the transfer from F1 to H4 and applying H4 EAD together. I tried asking my Lawyer, said she will come back to me with her findings. Nothing yet.

If anyone has done this or fall under the same category, please let me know your act. Thanks for your help.

-
    Arun

Originally posted by arunk26 View Post
    Hi,

My wife is in her F1 OPT, working. I want to move her to H4. Is it possible to do the transfer from F1 to H4 and applying H4 EAD together. I tried asking my Lawyer, said she will come back to me with her findings. Nothing yet.

If anyone has done this or fall under the same category, please let me know your act. Thanks for your help.

-
    Arun
    For her to be eligible for H4 EAD either your I140 has to be approved or should have been in US for 6+ years. If she qualifies , I believe she an file for F1 to H4 COS and H4 EAD all together.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thank you Raghvi. Yes, I do have my I120 approved.

Comment

Thank you Raghvi. Yes, I do have my I120 approved.
        I meant I-140.

Comment

I spoke to my lawyer on this. Applications to transfer F1 to H4 and H4 EAD can be applied together. But only after H4 application is approved, H4 EAD application will be processed. And the applicant has to be in United States the whole process which could be 6 months of time.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi, Was the application to change to H4 and H4 EAD from F1 EAD successful?
            I am exploring the same option and would like to know if it is possible to change from F1 EAD to H4 and H4 EAD without losing validity of current, valid F1 OPT work permit.

I spoke to my lawyer on this. Applications to transfer F1 to H4 and H4 EAD can be applied together. But only after H4 application is approved, H4 EAD application will be processed. And the applicant has to be in United States the whole process which could be 6 months of time.

Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X