No announcement yet.

Have an H1B, want to visit my country and then reenter but my I-797 is blurry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have an H1B, want to visit my country and then reenter but my I-797 is blurry

Hello! I hope someone may help me.

I obtained my visa the past year and started working on October 2014. Now, after 9 months I would like to visit my country (Argentina) for a week. So I was practically starting to pack and when I reviewed my I-797 I realized that the letters of the first page are pretty blurry.

Specially what concerns me is the expiration date of the bottom part of the first page. It can not be read at all. Although, the expiration date is also in the top part and can be read but you know, I don't like to gamble and would like to know if this may cause me some problem.

I'll truly appreciate your help!

Thanks!

How did such an important document get to so blurry? It should not be a problem because the officer at POE can still validate your document using the petition number printed at the top of your approval notice and check to see if the dates printed at the top matches what they have in their system. Your employer can also apply for a duplicate approval notice, but that will take some time.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X