Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The H1 visa expired, need help

Hi,
    My H1 visa is expired on May. Beginning of this year, my employer is starting to help me to apply the green card and during the time I keep remember the lawyer about my H1 stuation. Now they say they can't continue to apply the green card because they make the mistake.
    What can I do?
    1. my fiance is L1 visa, can we marry to change the visa to L2? If yes, do I must return to my country to change it?
    2. I have the H1 visa for six years already, during the six years working on same company and same employer, why I can't just extending? (My employer still want to employ me. They want to fix the problem.)

Please help. ASAP

1. my fiance is L1 visa, can we marry to change the visa to L2? If yes, do I must return to my country to change it?
    >>> Change of status is not possible since your presence in the country current is illegal (since your H1B already expired). Best option is to leave the country asap. Get marred. Try to get the L2 visa and return back.

2. I have the H1 visa for six years already, during the six years working on same company and same employer, why I can't just extending? (My employer still want to employ me. They want to fix the problem.)
    >>> Extension beyond 6 years is not possible if GC (PERM) is not filed 365 days prior to the 6 year on H1B. It is too late in your case.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X