H4 extension I539 related query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 extension I539 related query

I am applying for my spouse's H4 extension.On I539 Part 3 Item 1.a asks "I/We request our current status be extended until". I am confused as to what date to put there.The dates on my I129 and LCA are different (by almost 1 year). The lawyers who filed for my H 1 extension were not too keen on helping me regarding this date and told me that the information is there in the I129 and that I can look it up myself.Could this be an error on their part that the dates are so different.My wife's I94 expires in a few days and I just need that question filled to send the form.Please help.thanks

Originally posted by nutcracker View Post
    I am applying for my spouse's H4 extension.On I539 Part 3 Item 1.a asks "I/We request our current status be extended until". I am confused as to what date to put there.The dates on my I129 and LCA are different (by almost 1 year). The lawyers who filed for my H 1 extension were not too keen on helping me regarding this date and told me that the information is there in the I129 and that I can look it up myself.Could this be an error on their part that the dates are so different.My wife's I94 expires in a few days and I just need that question filled to send the form.Please help.thanks
    Whats your I94 date?

Comment

My H1B extension is still pending with USCIS. I am planning to apply for my wife's H4 extension with the I797 receipt notice from my pending I129 petition.All our I 94s have the same date which expires in another few days. I thought I could apply for H4 extension with a pending I129 if I have the receipt number.

Comment

Possible to file the H4 extension based on the pending H1B extension. Enter the same date that is mentioned in the H1B petition (form I-129 that the lawyers filed).

Originally posted by nutcracker View Post
        My H1B extension is still pending with USCIS. I am planning to apply for my wife's H4 extension with the I797 receipt notice from my pending I129 petition.All our I 94s have the same date which expires in another few days. I thought I could apply for H4 extension with a pending I129 if I have the receipt number.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X