Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Trasfer - working on reciept

Hi,

I am currently in H1b working for A and I got a offer with the company B. Company B is initiating my H1b transfer. I want to move to B as soon possible. Is it safe to resign A on H1b reciept or its better to wait till the H1b is approved? What is the risk involved and how long it takes for H1b transfer?

Is there any recent change in the H1b transfer process/

If you applying only for Change of Employer there is no difference... If you are applying for an extension then you cant do Premium processing.

You can work with receipt number.

My thoughts: Earlier it used to be very easy to do a transfer, but nowadays USCIS is very strict and even you submit almost all the documents correctly there are a mild chance of getting RFE, so advice would be wait until final approval and then move to B immediately.

If you did transfer in Premium processing its just 2 weeks but regular processing might take 3-4 months.

Comment

My employer A initiated my H1b and I got my H1b approved in 2013 for 1 year which was valid till Sept 2014. My extension was done in premium processing and I got my H1b stamped again on Sept 2014. I traveled to US in Feb 2015 and I am currently in US working for employer A.

As I have done a renewal/ extension recently are there still chances of RFE? What happens if I move to new employer on receipt and get a RFE?

Comment

Well, if you get an RFE, then employer/attorney will need to respond back to the RFE with the right supporting documents. If USCIS is convinced, they will approved the petition. If not, they will reject it. Every petition is processed individually. Whether there will be an RFE or not, whether the petition will get approved or denied is purely based on the documents submitted with the petition.

Originally posted by uchandru85 View Post
        My employer A initiated my H1b and I got my H1b approved in 2013 for 1 year which was valid till Sept 2014. My extension was done in premium processing and I got my H1b stamped again on Sept 2014. I traveled to US in Feb 2015 and I am currently in US working for employer A.

As I have done a renewal/ extension recently are there still chances of RFE? What happens if I move to new employer on receipt and get a RFE?
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

H1 Transfer RFE - on Current Pay stubs. Very Urgent

I was working with Employer A till April 12th 2016 and got my H1 Transfer filed through another employer B with the pay stubs till March 15th 2016. I have joined the Company B on April 19th with the receipt number.Now the H1-B Transfer petition received RFE and the USCIS has requested for current paystubs. I only have the paystub till March 31st and the employer A is not generating the pay stub from April 1st to April 12th even though I submitted the Client approved time sheets. Employer B is insisting for the paycheck till April 12th to respond to RFE. I am in a deadlock situation.In this regard, what are the options I have in my hand and how to respond to RFE????

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X