H1 B extension with Class b misdemeanor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 B extension with Class b misdemeanor

I am going to file H1-B extension in January 2016 and have a Class B misdemeanor in my history. When i got my H1B approved initially with no issues and was questioned about Class B misdemeanor in interview and later i provided disposition document. Visa stamping was approved after that but there was question asked at port of entry sending me for further clarification to different room and sent without any issues. Class B misdemeanor I got was in 2009 while working at gas station in Utah. I was studying master in San diego and due to recession I decided to transfer to a different college in san jose and extended my studies to get out of recession period. Due to this transfer, bank stopped funding my studies and then i went to Utah to work. While working in gas station, there was an inspection from police to see if I ask for ID for liquor transactions but unfortunately I didn't. that when i got this ticket to attend court which i did and paid fee for $750. I have two question that needs suggestions from experts

1) I worked with no work permit but with on SSN (paid taxes). how much impact will i have if USCIS knows this and on green card

2) due to selling alcohol to minor(Class B misdemeanor, how much impact will i have on visa and green card

To be of much help, criminal aliens need to describe their convictions and sentences in terms that terms that comport to the grounds of inadmissibility (and perhaps grounds of removal) enumerated in the United States Immigration and Nationality Act.

That said, off the top of my head, selling alcohol to a minor is not a crime involving moral turpitude. Utah class B misdemeanors have a maximum jail time of 6 months.

I do not expect that you will have issues with H-1B extensions on grounds related to your conviction.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X