Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B extension on RFE when transfer is also on RFE

Hello All,

I m currently working for Company A which has filed my H1b extension on Feb 2015. (I94 expiry on May 30). In the mean time i got a better offer from Company B and applied for a Premium processing on May 12th. I got a RFE on May 21st. It was responded now and pending with USCIS for final approval. I also got an RFE for Company A extension on May 20th.

My question here is:

1. If i get my approval for Company B by end of this month will i be able to join this employer? Will i be out of status as my I94 is expired now. Do i come under bridge or consular process. I m little confused on this.

2. Will i get the transfer and extension together as i filed my H1 transfer to Company B before I94 expiry?

3. Do i need to wait until i receive the approval from Company A prior to joining Company B to avoid getting in to Out of status.

4. If i wanted to continue working with Company A can i do it even after my approval with Company B?

5. If my Company B transfer is denied, is there a possibility to get my denial for Company A as well?

Please help as this would be of much help.

What were the RFEs about?

Comment

1. If i get my approval for Company B by end of this month will i be able to join this employer?
      >>> Yes.

Will i be out of status as my I94 is expired now.
      >>> As long as at least one of your H1B petitions gets approved with a new I-94, you are good.

Do i come under bridge or consular process. I m little confused on this.
      >>> Neither. Since both extension and transfer were filed prior to your I-94 expiry date, you are good.

2. Will i get the transfer and extension together as i filed my H1 transfer to Company B before I94 expiry?
      >>> No. Both the petitions will be treated individually. Approval/denial of each petition is solely based on the documents provided for each petition.

3. Do i need to wait until i receive the approval from Company A prior to joining Company B to avoid getting in to Out of status.
      >>> Nope. Since your transfer was filed prior to your I-94 expiry date, it is not a bridge petition. If Company B's petition gets approved (With a new I-94), then you can join them.

4. If i wanted to continue working with Company A can i do it even after my approval with Company B?
      >>> Yes. But Company A's petition should get approved for you to keep working for them.

5. If my Company B transfer is denied, is there a possibility to get my denial for Company A as well?
      >>> No. Each petition is treated individually as they are not bridge petitions.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X