Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B Transfer

Hi,

Can someone help me with my case. Last week I have transferred my H1-B from X employer to Y. Now I got full-time position with some good Z company and will to work for them.

Can I transfer my H1-B to Z company without any payslips from Y employer? If not is there any condition that I need to work for Y company for these many days or months till I get pay slips?

Originally posted by Manoj Vunnava View Post
    Hi,

Can someone help me with my case. Last week I have transferred my H1-B from X employer to Y. Now I got full-time position with some good Z company and will to work for them.

Can I transfer my H1-B to Z company without any payslips from Y employer? If not is there any condition that I need to work for Y company for these many days or months till I get pay slips?
    Is Y's petition approved?

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Is Y's petition approved?
      Yes the petition with Y company is approved.

Comment

Yes the petition with Y company is approved.
        In that case technically Z can file a cap exempt petition. But to be on safe side folks wait for at least 1-2 pay periods before initiating a "transfer" as paystubs are the only way a valid status is proven.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

In that case technically Z can file a cap exempt petition. But to be on safe side folks wait for at least 1-2 pay periods before initiating a "transfer" as paystubs are the only way a valid status is proven.

When you specify 1-2 pay periods, does that mean 1-2 months or just pay slips. Because I get paid bi-weekly and I already have one.

But the petition was approved on Jun 18th and my pay slip statement was from May 20-29th. I started worked with Y company as soon as I got receipt number.

Is it legal to work for a company based on just receipt number without H1-B getting approved completely.

Comment

When you specify 1-2 pay periods, does that mean 1-2 months or just pay slips. Because I get paid bi-weekly and I already have one.

But the petition was approved on Jun 18th and my pay slip statement was from May 20-29th. I started worked with Y company as soon as I got receipt number.

Is it legal to work for a company based on just receipt number without H1-B getting approved completely.
            1 or 2 Pay slips is fine.

Though not advisable, it is legal to work based only on receipt number.

Comment

1 or 2 Pay slips is fine.

Though not advisable, it is legal to work based only on receipt number.

Thank you so much for being patience and answering my doubts. I understand its just you thoughts and not legal advise.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X