DS 160: contact info and relationship status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS 160: contact info and relationship status

I will be going to India in August and marrying my fiance. My fiance does not know anyone in US. We are planning to submit the DS 160 and do fingerprinting for her in advance.
    She would give the interview right after marriage.

Could you help us in filling the DS 160 form:
    1. Whom should she list as her US contact for verification. Ideally she should have listed me, but if they call I would be in India at that time. My company does not know my fiance yet.
    2. Should she list her relationship status as single or married? Technically she would be single at time of submitting form and fingerprinting, but this might cause confusion while filling the form

Thanks,
    Akash

1. Whom should she list as her US contact for verification. Ideally she should have listed me, but if they call I would be in India at that time. My company does not know my fiance yet.
    >>> Her application should list you as the U.S contact. They will not call.

2. Should she list her relationship status as single or married? Technically she would be single at time of submitting form and fingerprinting, but this might cause confusion while filling the form
    >>> Anything that you fill in DS160 is as of the date of your visa interview. So her marital status should be entered as "Married". H4 is a dependent visa, so she should be married.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X