Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b extension stamping in non-home country

Hello people,

I have my I-797 valid till end of 2017, but my 3 years of H1b visa end in end in Oct 2015. Can I go to h1b stamping to any other country than my home-country (India).
    I am planning to visit NZ in early 2016. I will have to get my stamping done before returning to US. Is it possible to get stamping done in NZ or Australia in such situation ?

Any help, advice or experiences will help immensely be helpful. Thanks in advance

Regards,
    Sagar

Just a suggestion

Hi Sagar

I came from Australia on F1 visa, I am an Indian by nationality.
    Here is my suggestion, as I been to the AUS US embassy, here is what I noticed
    Firstly, Imagining your situation. I am pretty sure AUS US embassy guys don't understand what and how H1b process works. So they will get confuse and put you on hold for more administration process, which is painful waste of your time. And may get struck of for days in AUS or ZW.

This is what happened for me, I have applied for F1 visa, soon after finishing my First master in AUS, then I have applied for US university. After visa interview in Sydney they took my passport for administrative check (as I am holing Indian passport) and put me on hold for 3 months. You can imagine what happen if that was a H1b visa interview

So heads-up warning for you, before you go to Non-home country stamping. If you really wan na go some Non-home country visa stamping, I suggest Mexico or Jamaica or Canada, where atleast they know what they are doing.

Good Luck

Comment

Is this your first time H1B stamping? If so, the stamping should be from the home country to avoid unnecessary delay. Chances of receiving 221g is high if the first time H1B stamping is done from a third nation country. Mainly because it is difficult to validate / evaluate your educational credentials outside your home country and it will take time. If you previously had your H1B visa stamped, then you can visit any U.S consulate in the world that can process visas for third nation countries to get your H1B stamped.
      Last edited by shervin143; 06-29-2015, 03:02 AM.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

H1B extension visa stamping without initail H1B visa stamping in canada

HI,

i hope some body will answer to my question. I am on H1B extension and trying to get visa stamping in Canada. Here is my concern. I heard people saying, you should have initial H1B visa stamped in Home country to go for visa stamping in Canada on H1B extension. I am not sure whether it is true or not. I came to U.S on f1 visa and did not had H1B visa stamped. Now i am planning to go Canada for H1B extension visa stamping. can some body clarify my doubt or did faced the same suitation, please post your experience.

Thank you in advance

Comment

Originally posted by Sagar Chandnani View Post
          Hello people,

I have my I-797 valid till end of 2017, but my 3 years of H1b visa end in end in Oct 2015. Can I go to h1b stamping to any other country than my home-country (India).
          I am planning to visit NZ in early 2016. I will have to get my stamping done before returning to US. Is it possible to get stamping done in NZ or Australia in such situation ?

Any help, advice or experiences will help immensely be helpful. Thanks in advance

Regards,
          Sagar
          Hi Sagar,

Did you follow through by going to NZ (which city? Auckland) to get your h1b extension stamped?
          Did you have any issues or had to wait more than a week to get your passport back?
          I am in similar situation (wanting to vacation in NZ and getting my H1B extension stamped)

Thanks a lot,

L

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X