X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

address for fingureprint??

Originally posted by jay60035 View Post
    @zoompat
    what are the documents we need to carry to consulate when we go for finger prints alone after 221(g). and where we will be collecting the passports after stamping. should we provide any information about the passport collection?
    what is address of embassy for finger print ?? I got a 221g along with passport

Comment

How long after fingerprinting was the visa issued?

Originally posted by jay60035 View Post
      @zoompat
      what are the documents we need to carry to consulate when we go for finger prints alone after 221(g). and where we will be collecting the passports after stamping. should we provide any information about the passport collection?

Hi

I got the same letter today asking to come for my fingerprinting. I wanted to check after fingerprinting how long did it take to get your visa? How did the process go?

Thank you!

Comment

How long after fingerprinting was the visa issued?

Hi

I did dropbox on 6th March for my H1B renewal. At the time they took my passport ans said that I should have my visa within 3-4 business days. Right after my submission my case went to admin processing. Today, 10th March I got an email saying I can pick up my passport from VFS at Nehru Place. When I went to pick up my passport it did not have any visa stamp instead had a letter attached to it saying the following:

We are unable to process your visa application at this time, we require your presence at the Embassy. Your case has been suspended under the section 221(g) until the below indicated process (in my case fingerprinting) is completed.

Please bring this letter and your passport to the Embassy on any business day before 10 am within one calendar year from the date of this letter (10th April 2017).

I wanted to see if anyone else experienced the same thing? After how long of giving their fingerprints did they receive their visa?

I have already waited for more than 5 weeks now - I have a dog, I am paying rent and utilities etc everything back in New York. Any info would be appreciated.

Comment

I received letter with form 221(g) for finger print, need to know address for this

Can someone please tell which address to visit in delhi for this, Chanakyapuri or Nehru place

Comment

Go to Chanakyapuri

Originally posted by Nitesh Haritwal View Post
            Can someone please tell which address to visit in delhi for this, Chanakyapuri or Nehru place
            Hi Nitesh,

Sorry for Delay.
            My case was same, You have to go to Chanakyapuri.

All the Best!

Comment

Originally posted by vishalm1981 View Post
              Hi all,

I got the VISA on third day after completing my fingerprints verification at consulate.
              Hi,

My status today changed to "Application Received" after giving finger printing yesterday (got 221-g for fingerprints). I already have interview done on 14th Aug.Any idea? What's the status for?

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by zoompat View Post
                K... today the status changed to issued and I collected the passport.
                I am assuming that this issue was in fact just a case of bio-metric messup because of the technical issue the system faced in middle of June.
                Looks like there is an error on the stamp though... but that is a different issue which I will post on a separate thread.

Thanks
                hey zoompat,
                what did ur 221g state when asking for fingerprints..how many check boxes were checked ? any mention of any further doc ?

Comment

B2 visa under administrative processing 221g for Fingerprinting

Nov 12th 2017: Biometrics done at Nehru place, dropped of passport at the same location.
                  Nov 13th: Status: Administrative processing
                  Nov 16th: Passport returned with white 221g asking to come to US Embassy for Fingerprinting again.
                  Nov 17th: Gave fingerprints at 10:00 am; case date updated to Nov 17th; bur status remained Admin Processing.

I have non-refundable tickets booked for Nov 21st; spending sleepless nights.
                  Please post your timeline if you had similar experience.
                  Previous two B2 visa were approved within two days of interview. This is the first time I chose "Interview waiver" and got stuck
                  Pramila

Comment

H1B drop box and 221g fingerprinting experience

So i guess,with lot of 221g fingerprinting related cases,my exp. below might be of little help:

Nov 6 - Dropped of documents using dropbox at Nehru Place.
                    (Till Nov 14th status was in admin processing when checked from ceac application status,mostly lot of days in admin processing means some
                    issue,as happened with couple of friends)
                    Nov 16 - Received my passport with 221g fingerprinting slip attached to it asking to reappear for fingerprints only on any BD before 10.00 AM.
                    (As i live around 8 hours drive from Delhi Embassy,had to rush to Delhi same night)
                    Nov 17 - Completed my fingerprinting around 9:00 AM in morning.
                    Nov 20 - Case updated date changed to Nov 20 but status remained "admin processing"
                    Nov 21 - ceac website - status changed to "Issued".
                    Nov 22 - Received my stamped passport using premium Blue dart delivery.

I have my flight scheduled for 24th Nov so it was a delicate dance. Given lot of 221g happening i would avoid dropbox
                    esp. because i am not 1-2 hour from embassy and also document delivery through blue dart takes at least 1 extra day.
                    If you are near embassy and can collect passport from nearest VFS to embassy - definitely worth the chance...
                    Good luck..

Comment

Fingureprinting date confusion

Hello,
                      After DropBox I got a 221g asking me to come in an embassy for fingure-printing, and I can come within one calendar year FROM THE DATE of this letter. The date is Feb 16 on top right of this letter. Does this mean I can not have this done any day before Feb 16?
                      Has anyone faced similar issue?

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X