Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time counting towards H1-B year maximum

Hi,
    My H-1B Visa got approved in OCT 2012. I started working from OCT 2012. I left the country due to personal reasons in Feb 2013. I did not cancel my VISA. I worked for a company in my home country. I came back to US in June 2015 by extending my VISA (Please note; Not a new VISA). The immigration officer cancelled my old VISA and put a new VISA.

Will the time I stayed outside the country be counted towards the 6 year period.

Thanks,
    Gudge

What you mean by Immigration officer gave you new visa?

Normally if you stay of country for more than 1 years - h1b comes invalid and 6 years clock resets. But I am confused with old visa / new visa.

Comment

Originally posted by GC0102 View Post
      What you mean by Immigration officer gave you new visa?

Normally if you stay of country for more than 1 years - h1b comes invalid and 6 years clock resets. But I am confused with old visa / new visa.
      By "Immigration officer gave you new visa" I meant stamping of the new VISA.

Sorry for the confusion. By new VISA I meant my extended H-1B VISA. My old VISA I meant the VISA which was approved for me in OCT 2012.
      So I assume I still have 5 years of time period left for with respect to my H-1B status.

Thanks

Comment

Only the time spent in U.S in H1B (+ L1) status counts against the H1B 6 year period. The time that you spent outside U.S will not count.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X