Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shervin143
    replied
    Check this link. Read the section under "Prohibited Activities".

Leave a comment:

• raghvi
    replied
    Originally posted by judy_dy View Post
    Thanks for the response,
    this is why I am asking what about the contracting work before getting the H1B, that what i was told i am able to do that.
    Contractor or on the roll, it does not matter. You need a valid work visa to work. B2 is not a valid work visa. If in doubt seek an attorney's opinion.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Leave a comment:

• judy_dy
    replied
    Originally posted by raghvi View Post
    Its illegal to work in US while on B2 visa in US.

Thanks for the response,
    this is why I am asking what about the contracting work before getting the H1B, that what i was told i am able to do that.

Leave a comment:

• raghvi
    replied
    Originally posted by judy_dy View Post
    Hello,
    I would like to know if its possible to work as a contractor while i am waiting for my H1B (H1B 2016)? I m currently holding a B2 visa but theres a company that would like to offer me a job, but since theres no H1B for this year, I would like to know whats the best solution for this situation in order to keep me rolling in the states. Thank you!
    Its illegal to work in US while on B2 visa in US.

Leave a comment:

• judy_dy
    started a topic Contracting job before H1B

Contracting job before H1B

Hello,
    I would like to know if its possible to work as a contractor while i am waiting for my H1B (H1B 2016)? I m currently holding a B2 visa but theres a company that would like to offer me a job, but since theres no H1B for this year, I would like to know whats the best solution for this situation in order to keep me rolling in the states. Thank you!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X