Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b Stamping for wife and husband

Hi Immihelp-

I was previous on H1b with company A( expired in 2009) and later converted to L1b with Company A. I entered US on L1b (companyA ) and later renewed my prior H1b Petition with company B. I have been staying in US till date.

Parallely, my wife too got converted from L2 --> H4 and later a found a employer who filed a H1b for her.

we want to visit india and as we both have same H1b now ,but with change of statuses.

1) When I registered my profile with stanley website. The first question was your previous visa a H1b? Should I answer No here, becos my previous visa issued was on L1b(company A ) after conversion to H1b(companyB) I never went for stamping.

2) Can we book a family appointment? I created a profile at stanley site. but ask for Dependants in further tabs. I filled in my wifes details but never asked her visa status there. Although I updated DS160 number for both of us. I still think they consider it as H4 visa instead of H1b visa for my wife. Would it be better to schedule separate appointments for me and my wife as both are on H1b with recent change of status.

3) Also once registered in stanley website,we provide DS160 application number. will I be able to change it later before actually confirming the appointment. or will it be freezed and I have to cancel the appoint and fill out a new DS160 and use the same CGI reference number for payment to schedule an appoint.

Appreciate all your help.

Thank you!

1) When I registered my profile with stanley website. The first question was your previous visa a H1b? Should I answer No here, becos my previous visa issued was on L1b(company A ) after conversion to H1b(companyB) I never went for stamping.
    >>> If your previous visa (the one that stamped in your passport) is not H1B, then you should answer NO.

2) Can we book a family appointment? I created a profile at stanley site. but ask for Dependants in further tabs. I filled in my wifes details but never asked her visa status there. Although I updated DS160 number for both of us. I still think they consider it as H4 visa instead of H1b visa for my wife. Would it be better to schedule separate appointments for me and my wife as both are on H1b with recent change of status.
    >>> Since you both are applying for H1B visa, it is advisable to file them separately. There have been cases where a delay (admin processing) on one H1B application has also deployed the other since the appointment was taken together. Group appointment will work well for primary and dependent applicants and not for two individual primary applicants. However, you are allowed to do that.

3) Also once registered in stanley website,we provide DS160 application number. will I be able to change it later before actually confirming the appointment. or will it be freezed and I have to cancel the appoint and fill out a new DS160 and use the same CGI reference number for payment to schedule an appoint.
    >>> You do not need to fill a new DS160. I believe there is an option save the DS160 and import it again to make corrections. But once you book an appointment, you cannot make any changes. You will have to cancel and reschedule the appointment.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for the information Shervin-

One more question-

I created my wifes profile and tried updating the profile. It throws error saying" error with visual force" and never saves the profile. So next i tried to continue with appointment details and again it asked me to fill profile but when i update, it says the personal details matches the database and looks good.

I created a ticket/case in the site but was checking if I am missing anything. There was no reply for 3 days.

Thank you!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X