H4 rejected under 214B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 rejected under 214B

Hi Experts - My I-140 is approved; I came to India for a vacation in Mar, 2015. While appearing for the stamping interview, I have received 221G requesting few additional documents. Since that administrative processing went for more than 2.5 months and they started verifying with the end client at the end of the contract period, they come to know that the contract would be over in few days. The consulate asked my employer to submit the itinerary.

Fortunately, I received another opportunity and filed the LCA. I have submitted the contract docs for Petitioner and mid vendor AND the mid vendor and the end client. We have not received any update for 3 weeks. Consulate is not providing any ETA.

In this situation, I have to go back to US ASAP to support my wife and 10 months old baby; hence I have placed a request to return my passport. They returned it in 3 days. Since my wife is on a different H1, I have applied H4 on July 8 and got rejected under 214B. Consulate officer asked me to come in person to discuss further with him. What can be done? Can I reapply? How long do I need to wait? Is it rejected because of my H1B is in Admin processing? Please help..

I guess it was rejected since you already had a pending visa application with the consulate. You should have either waited for the admin processing on the H1B to be completed or should have withdrawn the application before applying for H4 visa. They do not let you apply for two different visa categories at the same time. Your only option now is as suggested by the visa officer, take an appointment and meet them at the consulate to discuss your case.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X