Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My previous company is not providing proper experience (release) letter

Hi,

I am in big trouble. My previous company is not providing proper experience (release) letter after paying the bond amount ($5000) also. They knowingly mentioned incorrect last working date in that letter.

The background is:

I was working for a Troy, Michigan based multinational IT Company in H1B visa. They have deployed me for an insurance company in Springfield, Massachusetts. They have main development centers in India (Mumbai, Pune and Chennai). I joined this company on January’ 2012. They filed my H1B Visa and I came to US on February’2014. At the time of coming US, I signed one bond in India stated that, if I leave this company then I have to pay around $5000 in Indian rupees. After completion of 1 year in US I got multiple offer from others US multinational company. I choose one of them and left this company on 20th March, 2015 and joined other multinational company on 23rd March, 2015. After my resignation they send an email to me stated that I cannot resign from onsite but I know according to US law in H1B visa any one can change his/her employer. They asked me to return back to India but I didn’t. After joining the new company they send several letters to my India address stated that I have to pay around $5000 as bond money. My aged parents are there, they ware in anxiety and paid the amount to this company by a check. After that they send an experience (release) letter to my India address where my last working day is maintained as 8 April but this is incorrect date (correct date is 20th March). I started working in new company from 23rd March. Now my current company is going to file Green Card for me, HR from my current company not accepting this release letter because there is a clear overlapping between previous company's last working day and current company's joining date. I send several emails to the previous company but they are not responding. Now I am in US. Could you please advise me what legal steps I can take or where can I complaint against them or how can I get any document to mitigate this issue.

I have the following documents as evidence.

Last salary sleep.
    W2 (didn’t get yet, probably I will get in December this year.)
    They send couple of letters to my India address stated that I am not coming to office from 23rd March.
    I-9 form I signed in my current company on 23rd March.
    I have scan copy of the bond paper signed in India.
    Scan copy of the check that my father sent to them.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X