Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Amendment Premium Processing

Hello,

My H1B VISA is under 221G processing. Now my employer is doing petition amendment for other client and location and request for extension too since my existing petition expires in Oct 2015, they are ready to do it under premium process. May i know whether embassy accepts amendment petition with extension under PP now ? I heard they are holding some PP until 26 July.

Regards,
    Senthil

Yes you cannot do PP until 27th July....

After that you can do....

Comment

Originally posted by sendil06 View Post
      Hello,

My H1B VISA is under 221G processing. Now my employer is doing petition amendment for other client and location and request for extension too since my existing petition expires in Oct 2015, they are ready to do it under premium process. May i know whether embassy accepts amendment petition with extension under PP now ? I heard they are holding some PP until 26 July.

Regards,
      Senthil
      What was the reason for 221G?

One does not file for amendment at the Embassy. The employer would have to file the new LCA with DOL first and then take the approved LCA and file the amendment with USCIS. USCIS will send the employer/attorney the new I797 if approved. This I797 would be given by the employer to you using which you can schedule the interview. I would advise withdrawing the existing H1 application at the embassy before going ahead with this. Remember, withdrawal of existing H1B application at the consulate is considered as a visa rejection and would have to be declared in all subsequent visa applications.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Hello Ragavi,

Thanks for your response.

I got 221G for client related documents like MSA, PO, SOW and client letter. Unfortunately my employer could not able to get client letter from the client 1. Now i have an onsite opportunity with client 2, so they are doing amendment for client 2. Yes, we are processing this through attorney and he will do LCA first then amendment filing.

My attorney is planning to withdraw my VISA application after the amendment approval. Is this fine or we need to withdraw before filing amendment. Please let me know.

Regards,
        Senthil

Comment

Ammendment Process from India

Hello All,

I am working for X company in india and they filled my h1b and stamping also done recently. All of suddenly we have lost the position at onsite and need to work for another client.

because of change in client,location and my role, my company filed premium amendment. currently i am in India. I have few questions so please help me.

1)Do i need to go for stamping again?
          2)are there any rejections?

Thanks,
          Reddy

Comment

Originally posted by sudheerreddy.vangala View Post
            Hello All,

I am working for X company in india and they filled my h1b and stamping also done recently. All of suddenly we have lost the position at onsite and need to work for another client.

because of change in client,location and my role, my company filed premium amendment. currently i am in India. I have few questions so please help me.

1)Do i need to go for stamping again?
            2)are there any rejections?

Thanks,
            Reddy
            Hello Reddy,

What is the expire date of your H1B visa ? If it is already expired, you may need to go for stamping again. If visa is still valid, there is no need to go for stamping. However, you may need to have the new LCA and amendment receipt/approval notice for your travel again.

Regards,
            Senthil

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X