H1B in process but now pregnant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B in process but now pregnant

Hi all, I'm currently waiting for my H1B approval and have found out that I'm pregnant. At the time of application I checked the box for "no dependents".

Will I be able to bring my baby into the U.S. if/once I have approval? (The father is a U.S. citizen but we are not married).

My lawyer won't give me advice as she wants to share the information with my employer so I'm hoping I can get some answers here!

Thank you all

Originally posted by knw View Post
    Hi all, I'm currently waiting for my H1B approval and have found out that I'm pregnant. At the time of application I checked the box for "no dependents".

Will I be able to bring my baby into the U.S. if/once I have approval? (The father is a U.S. citizen but we are not married).

My lawyer won't give me advice as she wants to share the information with my employer so I'm hoping I can get some answers here!

Thank you all
    From a pure H1B-H4 dependent perspective I dont any issues. You can always add your kid to the H4 application later on. But assuming you are going for stamping within next few Months and traveling to US by Year end, wouldnt your kid be born in US thereby not actually needing a H4 visa? If not born in US, it would depend upon your local country laws for eligibility of child for passport. You might also want to double check your eligibility for insurance coverage for pre-natal/delievery/post-natal care.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X