Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I made a mistake on my mother's last name in the appointment web page. Please help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I made a mistake on my mother's last name in the appointment web page. Please help!!!

I am making a Visa appointment at the US consulate in Istanbul.

There are 4 applicants, my father, my mother, my sister, and I.

We filled out the DS-160 application and I made sure that everything was correct and it was.

When I was making an appointment on the US Consulate website I accidentally put my mothers last name the same as the rest of the family.

In my culture the mother keeps her last name whenever she gets married so thats why I messed up and accidentally put her the same last name as us.

Her last name is wrong but I attached the DS-160 Confirmation with her profile and the DS-160 has her correct name.

Is it a problem that her name was misspelled on the visa account because I dont really think it matters as long as the DS-160 is correct because that is what they really look at.

I absolutely CANNOT make another appointment. One because I paid $800 for this one. Two because the next available appointment is in September and my dads work starts August 20.

I am freaking out and having a panic attack because I think they will make us cancel the appointment.

I had the same case where date of birth was incorrect. Call on below numbers or chat with them online:

Callers in India: Call +91 120 4844644 or +91 40 46258222.
    Callers in the United States: Call *** 703 520 2239.

They will confirm the email address and will ask for scanned copy of the passport of the applicant for whom details needs to be corrected.

Thanks,
    Originally posted by aal3 View Post
    I am making a Visa appointment at the US consulate in Istanbul.

There are 4 applicants, my father, my mother, my sister, and I.

We filled out the DS-160 application and I made sure that everything was correct and it was.

When I was making an appointment on the US Consulate website I accidentally put my mothers last name the same as the rest of the family.

In my culture the mother keeps her last name whenever she gets married so thats why I messed up and accidentally put her the same last name as us.

Her last name is wrong but I attached the DS-160 Confirmation with her profile and the DS-160 has her correct name.

Is it a problem that her name was misspelled on the visa account because I dont really think it matters as long as the DS-160 is correct because that is what they really look at.

I absolutely CANNOT make another appointment. One because I paid $800 for this one. Two because the next available appointment is in September and my dads work starts August 20.

I am freaking out and having a panic attack because I think they will make us cancel the appointment.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X