H1B VISA Cap exempt state

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B VISA Cap exempt state

My present company renewed my H1B at 2009 and then it expired in 2012. But they haven't shared any information about this.I came to know that its in cap exempt state till 2018. I only have the stamped copy of 2009 VISA in my passport. Can anyone please advice how can I find the details of my H1B?

Do you have a copy of your H1B approval notice that you used while you went for stamping. You can use that to file a CAP exempt H1B. You don't need the renewed H1B approval notice for that.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

My H1B visa will it comes under cap-exempt

My question is If my employer files again for H1B visa will it comes under cap-exempt? Detail mentioned below
      1.My H1B petition got approved in September 2009 and get it stamped in October 2011.
      2.I stayed in USA for 8 months i.e. from 10 December 2011 to 16th July 2012.
      3.After that I came back to India. My H1B visa and petition got expired on September 30 2012 while I am in India.

Second question is Calculating 6 years, will they considered a)petition approved date as beginning or b)Stamping date as beginning
      c) Traveled date on which traveled to USA as beginning.

Thanks in advance
      Venkat T

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
        Do you have a copy of your H1B approval notice that you used while you went for stamping. You can use that to file a CAP exempt H1B. You don't need the renewed H1B approval notice for that.
        I came to know that my company has already filed for a cap exempt which is valid till 2018. I have tried to obtain this information from H1B website via my stamped H1B control no( the one that expired in 2009) but it returned no result.

How can I find the details (i.e Control No, Petition etc) of my present H1B Cap exempt ?

Comment

Getting it from your employer is the only option.

Originally posted by Biswadip View Post
          I came to know that my company has already filed for a cap exempt which is valid till 2018. I have tried to obtain this information from H1B website via my stamped H1B control no( the one that expired in 2009) but it returned no result.

How can I find the details (i.e Control No, Petition etc) of my present H1B Cap exempt ?
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X