H4 in Admin Processing for only one of the applicants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 in Admin Processing for only one of the applicants

My wife and 2 kids are currently visiting India (we live in the US) and they have applied at the Hyderabad consulate for H4 visa re-stamping. My H1-B petition is valid till Mar 2018 and I am currently in the US; however, the visa stamp on my passport has also expired and I am planning to go for re-stamping later this year.

My dependents used the drop box facility at Hyderabad and they dropped off all the documents on 07-14-2015. We are tracking the status on ceac.state.gov and see that the status is 'Issued' for my wife and for one of my kids. For my other kid, the status says 'Administrative Processing'. I am confused on how this can happen with only one of H4 applicants, while the other two apparently had no problem. My kids need to be back in time for school, is there any special request that we can make to the consulate to expedite the processing.

Will appreciate your advice and comments in this regard.

Thanks,
    AKA

It is hard to comment without knowing the reason for the admin processing. Sometimes it could be for simple reason like the PIMS system is missing the H4 approval for that kid and consulate has requested USCIS to upload it. Did you receive a 221g slip? Unless you get the 221g form, there isn't much you could do. There is no way to expedite the admin process.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      It is hard to comment without knowing the reason for the admin processing. Sometimes it could be for simple reason like the PIMS system is missing the H4 approval for that kid and consulate has requested USCIS to upload it. Did you receive a 221g slip? Unless you get the 221g form, there isn't much you could do. There is no way to expedite the admin process.
      Thanks for the response. No, we did not receive anything in the email yet. I am hoping that it is a simple reason, because I am not able to understand the logic of leaving one applicant out when the paperwork is common for all the 3 (H4) applicants.

Comment

Status moves to Issued

Just wanted to update the thread - Yesterday (17th Jul) night the status moved from 'Administrative Processing' to 'Issued'. So, I guess 'Administrative Processing' does not automatically mean 221G, at least in the Dropbox case. However, their status message is very misleading (it may take several weeks...) and gave me a bad scare.

Just hoping that my family will get back their passports without any further hiccups...

Comment

'Administrative Processing' doesn't always need to end up with a 221g slip. Like I said, if it is for PIMS verification, the VO will request USCIS to upload your approval notice and it will take a bit of extra time for that to happen. There is no 221g involved in this process if USCIS can respond soon, since there isn't anything that you could do from your side.

Originally posted by lbraka View Post
          Just wanted to update the thread - Yesterday (17th Jul) night the status moved from 'Administrative Processing' to 'Issued'. So, I guess 'Administrative Processing' does not automatically mean 221G, at least in the Dropbox case. However, their status message is very misleading (it may take several weeks...) and gave me a bad scare.

Just hoping that my family will get back their passports without any further hiccups...
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X