H4 visa to Green Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 visa to Green Card

Currently I am on L1 visa, and will be transferred to H1B visa in October. My wife is currently on L2, but she will be transferred to H4 visa.
    Initially, our plan was for her not to work here, but now she got a great offer and we are looking at what our options are.

I understand she is allowed to work on L2 (having EAD), but as soon as she transfers to H4 she will not be allowed to work.
    Is it possible for a company to file a green card request for my wife while she is on H4 visa? If yes, at what time she would be allowed to start to work in the US?

Is it possible for a company to file a green card request for my wife while she is on H4 visa?
    >>> Possible.

If yes, at what time she would be allowed to start to work in the US?
    >>> After securing an EAD by filing I-485 or after getting the GC itself. It will take anywhere from 6-10 years if filed EB2 category and 15-20 years if filed in EB3 category.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Wow, that's extremely long. I might be better off with finding a company which will do it for me and file it under EB1.
      Any idea of EB1 processing time? Is it country related? As I am not from India, I assumed the time line was a bit shorter than you stated.

Comment

The primary question is, are you eligible for EB1? Look at the Greencard section of immihelp for details on EB1.

Originally posted by mirekti View Post
        Wow, that's extremely long. I might be better off with finding a company which will do it for me and file it under EB1.
        Any idea of EB1 processing time? Is it country related? As I am not from India, I assumed the time line was a bit shorter than you stated.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X